Water is an essential nutrient for all known forms of life and the mechanisms by which fluid and electrolyte homeostasis is maintained in humans
It is also important for your digestion. It keeps the food you eat moving through your intestines, and it keeps your intestines smooth and flexible, too.
Dehydration is one of the most common causes of colo rectal disorders such as piles and consipation. If you don’t have enough water in your body, the large intestine soaks up water from your food waste. This makes your stools harder and difficult to pass.
You get dehydrated when your body gets rid of more fluids — usually through sweating or going to the bathroom more than normal — than it takes in. Drinking too little water during exercise, hot weather, or daily activities can also cause your body to use up its stored water.
Adequate intake of water supplemented by a healthy diet results in healthy bowel movement. Drinking good amounts of water prevents constipation and thus piles. Having 8-10 glasses of water each day, make one’s digestive system smooth and regulates it.
Health benefits of drinking enough water are.
- Eases bowel movements – Water makes your stool soft and easier to pass thus reducing the strain.
- Flushes out toxins – waste from your body will be sent out in the form sweat and urination.
- Boosts Immune System -Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, headaches, kidney stones, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
- Helps with Weigh Loss – Water removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake, raises your metabolism and has zero calories!
- Increases Energy Levels -Your brain is highly influenced by the level of water in your body. dehydration can impair mood, memory and brain performance.
Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment.
Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than other food items. Get high on water.